Aloo Dahi Subzi
An all-time favorite for veggie-lovers.
For 4 Person(s)
- 1 cup(s) frozen peas
- 4 potatoes, boiled, peeled
- 2 cup(s) yogurt, whisked
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) heeng (asafetida)
- 2 teaspoon(s) finely chopped ginger
- 1 teaspoon(s) jeera (cumin)
- 1 teaspoon(s) dhania (coriander) powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) turmeric powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) chili powder
- 5 whole golmirch (black pepper)
- 1 badi elaichi (black cardamom)
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 4 cloves
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon(s) ghee
- 2 tablespoon(s) oil, for frying
- 2 tablespoon(s) chopped cilantro
Aloo Dahi Subzi Directions
- Cut potato in medium size pieces and fry in 1 tsp. oil in a non stick pan till little crisp, keep aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp. ghee, add heeng, jeera, dhania powder, turmeric powder, and chili powder. Cook for 2 min. Add yogurt to this masala and continuously stir till it starts to boil.
- Add golmirch, cloves, badi elaichi, and cinnamon.
- Cook uncovered till mixture is thick but not dry. Then add potato, salt, and cook till the mixture is dry.
- Add peas and 3/4 cup water (do not add too much water), boil, then simmer and allow it to cook for 5 minutes or till the potato absorbs spices. Add 1 tsp. ghee and garnish with cilantro before serving.