Egg and Split Pea Curry
Try it with roti or paratha. Goes great with rice as well!
For 4 Person(s)
- 1/2 cup(s) split yellow peas
- 1 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground coriander
- 1 1/2 cup(s) boiling water
- 1 teaspoon(s) poppy seed, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) turmeric powder
- 1 pinch of cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) crushed red pepper
- 1 cup(s) coconut milk
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 tablespoon(s) lime juice
Egg and Split Pea Curry Directions
- Soak split peas in water to cover for 1 hour. Drain.
- Add peas to boiling water along with salt, turmeric, crushed red pepper.
- Cover and simmer until soft (about 30-40 minutes). Beat with whisk.
- Sauté onion until golden in hot oil.
- Put in coriander, poppy seeds and cumin. fry another 2-3 minutes.
- Stir this mixture into cooked split peas and add coconut milk.
- Simmer a minute or two.
- Put in eggs and heat.
- Add lime juice.