Spicy chicken with a different variation.
For 4 Person(s)
- 1 pound(s) chicken breasts
- 1 cup(s) chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) chili powder
- 2 scallions (green onion), chopped
- 2 green chilies, chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt, or as per taste
- 2 tablespoon(s) cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon(s) cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoon(s) grated ginger root
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoon(s) chopped cilantro leaves
Karahi Chicken Directions
- Wipe and cut the chicken into 1-inch pieces.
- Put the chicken into a medium-sized heavy-bottomed saucepan (Wok can be used). Cover the pan and leave it to cook in its own moisture over a low heat for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the tomatoes, chili powder, scallions, green chilies, and salt. Cook it uncovered over a medium heat for another 15-20 minutes or until the moisture has almost evaporated.
- Heat the oil in a small skillet and cook the cumin seeds.
- As they begin to turn pink, add the ginger and garlic and fry these for about 1 minute.
- Add this mixture to the chicken, together with nearly all the cilantro leaves and mix them together well.
- Simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- Garnish the dish with the remaining cilantro leaves just before serving.