Goes great as evening snack or with cocktails.
For 4 Person(s)
- 750 grams potatoes
- 1/2 cup(s) frozen green peas
- 1 cup(s) carrots, cut into 1/4
- 1 cup(s) green beans, cut into 1/4
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon(s) garam masala
- 1 teaspoon(s) amchur (mango) powder
- 1 tablespoon(s) coriander powder
- 2 tablespoon(s) chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup(s) breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup(s) vegetable oil
Vegetable Cutlet Directions
- Boil potatoes until tender.
- Steam the peas, carrots, and green beans for about 5 minutes, or until tender.
- Peel the boiled potatoes and mash it without overdoing it.
- Add the vegetables, salt, coriander powder, aamchur, cayenne pepper, garam Masala, and coriander leaves. Mix them with your hands.
- Shape the mashed potato into 1-2" oval patties, then dip it gently in the breadcrumbs making sure both sides are adequately covered with it.
- Heat a heavy skillet (tawa) over medium heat; add 1 tbsp oil and coat the pan.
- Place 6-7 patties in a single layer.
- Fry on medium heat for 8-10 minutes.
- Add 1 tbsp oil.
- Turn over the patties and fry until both sides are golden brown.
- Serve hot with chutney or chili sauce.