Yet another mouth-watering side-item that also serves as a great evening snack.
For 4 Person(s)
- 1 pound(s) small sized or baby onions
- 1/2 cup(s) vegetable oil
- 4 teaspoon(s) poppy seeds paste
- 1 teaspoon(s) turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) black pepper powder
- 1/2 cup(s) tomato puree
- 2 teaspoon(s) cream (optional)
- 1 teaspoon(s) ginger paste
- 2 teaspoon(s) garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt, or as desired
Masala Onion Directions
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Deep fry onions and let dry on a paper towel. (If you want to use less oil, half boil onions before frying.)
- Now remove extra oil from the pan.
- Sauté ginger, garlic paste, add salt, tomato puree, cumin, coriander, turmeric and pepper powder and fry well.
- Now add the pastes of poppy. Put cream (optional) and mix well.
- Add onions when the mixture starts leaving the sides of the pan.
- Serve immediately.