Urad Dal ka Pittha
Author's note: It is a popular recipe in Chhotanagpur region. Quite delicious with less calories. Requires an Idli-stand.
For 4 Person(s)
- 250 grams urad dal
- 250 grams rice flour
- 1 inch ginger
- 1 pinch(es) asafetida (heeng)
- 3 piece(s) green chilies, finely chopped
- 2 cup(s) hot water
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt, or as desired
Urad Dal ka Pittha Directions
- Make a thick paste of urad dal in a grinder.
- Put green chilies and ginger, both finely chopped.
- Add salt and heeng accordingly.
- Now boil 2 cups of water in a karahi (wok). When it comes to a boil, add rice flour to it.
- Stir it constantly with a wooden spatula until it gets a dough consistency.
- Take it off the stove. While the dough is still hot, knead it with your hand to give it a smooth texture.
- Make small balls from the dough.
- Put some oil in your palm and give balls shape of a cup.
- In all the cups put the urad mixture and close them giving the shape of gujia.
- Now in an idli stand put all the pitthas.
- Cook them like idli and serve with pure ghee and tomato chutney.