Besan Ka Laddu
Famous in Bihar. Also used widely during various pujas. Offering laddus as 'prasad' to Lord Hanuman is a common practice.
Waiting time 1h
For 2 Dozen(s)
- 24 almonds
- 4 cup(s) besan (gram flour_
- 24 cashews
- 1 1/2 cup(s) ghee
- 1 teaspoon(s) green cardamom powder
- 2 cup(s) powdered sugar
Besan Ka Laddu Directions
- Sieve besan through a fine sieve and set aside.
- Coarsely grind cashew and almonds and keep aside.
- Melt ghee in a kadai and add besan. Cook on low heat until besan is well done and you can feel the aroma.
- This normally takes about fifteen to twenty minutes.
- Add cardamom powder, ground cashew, and almonds.
- Stir and take it off the heat.
- Let it cool for a while.
- Finally add powdered sugar and mix well.
- You may use your hands to mix this. Shape into walnut-size laddus and store in an airtight container.