Stir-Fried Lamb w/ Pearl Onion & Pepper
For 4 Person(s)
- 1 tablespoon(s) corn oil
- 8 pearl onions
- 8 ounce(s) boned, lean lamb, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon(s) ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon(s) ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon(s) tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon(s) chili powder
- 1 tablespoon(s) salt
- 1 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon(s) onion seeds (mangraila)
- 4 curry leaves
- 1 1/4 cup(s) water
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and roughly sliced
- 1 mall green bell pepper, seed and roughly sliced
- 1 tablespoon(s) chopped cilantro
Stir-Fried Lamb w/ Pearl Onion & Pepper Directions
- Heat the oil in a nonstick wok or frying pan and stir-fry the onions for about 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove the onions from the wok and set aside to drain.
- Mix together the lamb, cumin, ground coriander, tomato paste, chili powder, salt and lemon juice in a bowl and set aside.
- Reheat the oil and stir-fry the onion seeds and curry leaves for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the lamb and spice mixture and stir-fry for about 5 minutes, then pour in the water, lower the heat and cook gently for about 10 minutes, until the lamb is cooked through.
- Add the peppers and half the cilantro and mint. Stir-fry for another 2 minutes.
- Finally, add the onions and the remaining chipped cilantro and mint.