Good for all occasion.
For 4 Person(s)
- 6 medium-sized boiled potatoes, cut in cubes
- 5 medium-sized tomatoes (pureed or chopped finely)
- 4 tablespoon(s) cooking oil
- 1.5 teaspoon(s) ajwain seeds
- 5 green chilies, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) asafetida powder (heeng)
- 2 teaspoon(s) garam masala powder
- 2 teaspoon(s) red chili powder
- 0.25 teaspoon(s) turmeric powder
- 8 fresh curry leaves
- 2 tablespoon(s) finely chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 cup(s) water, for gravy
- 1 tablespoon(s) grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt, or to taste
Ajwain-Aloo Subzi Directions
- Heat oil in a kadai or a heavy bottomed pot.
- Add ajwain seeds. When the seeds splutter add asafetida and green chilies.
- Saute for few seconds.
- Add the tomato puree, salt and curry leaves.
- Sauté & cook covered for 10 min or low heat.
- Add red chili powder and turmeric powder.
- Cook covered on low heat till oil separates.
- Add the potatoes and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add sufficient water to make gravy.
- Boil on a medium flame till the gravy thickens.
- Add grated ginger and garam masala powder & Mix.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with garam roti, crisp paratha or purees.