For 4 Person(s)
- 1/2 pound(s) potatoes
- 1 onion
- 3 garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) amchur (mango powder)
- 3 tablespoon(s) chopped cilantro
- 4 green chilies
- 1 tablespoon(s) coriander seeds
- 2 dried, red chilies
- 1 teaspoon(s) cooking oil
- 3/4 cup(s) water
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt, or as per taste
Aloo Chokha Directions
- Cut the potatoes in 1" pieces. Cut the onion thin length wise. Mince the garlic.
- Put oil in a karahi (skillet or bowl). Put the dried red chili, coriander seeds in the oil and let it splutter.
- Put the onions in the karahi and fry till red. Put the green chili and the garlic.
- When the onions turn red put the potato and fry for 3-4 minutes.
- One by one put salt, jeera-dhaniya powder and 3/4 cup of water. Cover it with lid and simmer. Cook the potatoes until they are soft. Chokha does not have curry so no water should be there.
- Put the amchur powder and mix it with the potatoes.
- Take the chokha out in a bowl. Garnish with cilantro.