A rich way to cook rice that adds color to the ordinary rice.
For 4 Person(s)
- 3 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 450 grams long-grain brown Basmati rice, pre-soaked
- 1 teaspoon(s) cumin seeds
- 1/3 cup(s) chopped onion
- 2 large potatoes, diced
- 450 grams methi leaves, chopped
- 3 3/4 cup(s) water
- 2 teaspoon(s) salt, or as desired
- 1 piece(s) green chili pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) garam masala
Methi Chawal Directions
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and sauté cumin and onion until golden brown.
- Stir in the potato and methi, cover pot and cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add rice, pour in water together with salt and green chili and bring to a boil. Do not cover pan.
- Reduce heat to low, cover pan and continue to cook for another 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with garam masala 5 minutes before serving.