Gaajar (Carrot) ka Halwa
Absolutely mouth-watering! Suitable for all occasion.
Waiting time 20m
For 6 Person(s)
- 2 tablespoon(s) resin
- 1/4 cup(s) superfine sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) vegetable oil
- 8 green cardamom pods
- 3 cup(s) milk
- 1 1/4 pound(s) carrots, coarsely grated
- 1/3 cup(s) shelled pistachios, chopped
Gaajar (Carrot) ka Halwa Directions
- Put carrots, milk and cardamom pods in a heavy saucepan; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook, uncovered, about 50 minutes, until liquid has been absorbed, stirring occasionally.
- Remove cardamom pods.
- Heat oil in a large skillet, add carrot mixture and cook, stirring constantly, 10 to15 minutes, until mixture turns a deep red color. Stir in sugar, raisins and half the pistachios.
- Cook 1 to 2 minutes more to heat through.
- Serve warm sprinkled with remaining pistachios.